Liberty Media President & CEO Greg Maffei in Conversation with Aryeh Bourkoff
KindredCast decamps to Englewood, Colorado for an in-depth sit-down with Liberty Media Corporation’s President & CEO Greg Maffei, making his podcast debut. LionTree CEO Aryeh Bourkoff gets the scoop on the company’s extensive portfolio, which includes subsidiaries Formula 1, SiriusXM and the Atlanta Braves, as well as an interest in Live Nation Entertainment.
Dr. John Malone Joins For The 100th Episode of KindredCast
Dr. John Malone, the legendary businessman, philanthropist and conservationist, who serves as Chairman of Liberty Media, Liberty Broadband, and Liberty Global, sits down with LionTree Founder and CEO Aryeh Bourkoff for a comprehensive discussion. The “cable cowboy” reflects back on an incredible career that has shaped the content and cable industries on a global scale.
Our Defining Attributes
We believe we are:
- Stockholder Centric - We think like owners and are focused on long-term gains rather than short-term results. The compensation structure of our management team is closely tied to the long-term performance of our stock. The executive leadership team has a significant portion of its respective net worth tied to Liberty Media.
- Forward-looking - We take advantage of the benefits and minimize the risks associated with the digital transition in the industries in which we invest.
- Nimble - We structure our team to allow us to move quickly when opportunities arise, and we can be creative in our deal structures.
- Financially Sophisticated - We have experience in mergers, divestitures, investing, capital deployment, credit analysis, and setting capital structures.
- Long-term Focused - We take a long-term, strategic view in our various operating businesses and are less concerned with short-term bouts of volatility.
Gregory B. Maffei
President and Chief Executive Officer